Wednesday, March 31, 2010

allez allez Strohteam!

allez allez allez le bleu et blanc!

So, this past weekend was Criterium, aka Krit, in Strasbourg, and it was where all the IEP's (Institut d'Etudes Politiques) in France get together for a weekend of sports competitions, parties and general debauchery. The other IEPs are from places like Paris, Lyon, Lille, Rennes, Aix-en-Provence, Bordeaux, Toulouse, and a few other places I know I'm forgetting. Oh, Grenoble. So, yeah, all these schools get together and compete in sports like volleyball, handball, basketball, swimming, badmitton, soccer, you get the gist. I was supposed to swim, but I found out that I wasn't actually registered, so I didn't want to be stuck at the pool for 4 hours (you could only get to and from the pool by bus) if I wasn't sure I was going to swim. Quel dommage. So, instead, I watched volleyball. And I was told ahead of time that you really don't have to be very good to play, but I think I could've been an asset to the volleyball team lol. The men, on the other hand, were really good. Anyways, um, so it was really fun, it reminded me of the atmosphere at a rivalry football game, everyone repped their school's colors and painted their faces and bodies and just generally were crazy. Football games don't, however, last all weekend, so by sunday I was exhausted and couldn't make it out that night (I know, lllaaaammmeee haha) The only thing that was a little less fun than football games was that I didn't feel especially included. Because in France, the IEPs are pretty small schools, most have less than 1500 students total and they know basically everyone in their class. Whereas, coming from the US as a study abroad student, I know a few people and only for a few months. but it was still a fun atmosphere and fun to watch the sports and all that :)

Annnddddd tomorrow I leave for my Grand Adventure. Yes, that's the name I've chosen to give it. Caitlin and I are taking a train to Stuttgart, then flying to Budapest, where we're meeting Erin and her friend, Beria and my friend Olivia. We're staying there Thursday night till Sunday night. From there, Caitlin, Erin, Beria and I are flying to Istanbul to stay with Erin. Caitlin is leaving for Madrid on Thursday and then Erin and I are going to Thessaloniki Friday night until Monday morning. Can't wait! lots of updates and pictures coming in a few weeks!! :)

till then, Happy Easter! love you all :)

PS. Tomorrow is April. I'm not sure what happened to March and I'm not sure I'm ok with it disappearing on me like that... On the other hand, I seriously cannot wait for my adventure starting tomorrow! Guess I should get to packing...

No comments:

Post a Comment