Thursday, March 4, 2010

just a quick one

just a quick update today:

yesterday we had our wine tasting soirée, paid for by BC :) and it was awesome! we went into the cellars of the hospital, which is one of the biggest wine cellars in france, with the oldest wine in a barrel in the world (I think) - it was from 1472 and it smelled wonderful... but we couldn't drink any obviously. Instead we had other Alsacian wines: Crement, which was like champagne but better, less sweet I think, I dunno but it was good; Reisling, which was also good, spicy and sweet, fruity but also woody... it was complex lol; and we finished with Gewurstraminer (sp?), which was really sweet, it was a late harvest wine, which means that it was extra sweet. I really liked it, though, it was really good. However, after I got home, it was a little harder to concentrate on following conversations and making intelligent replies after 4 ish glasses of wine right in a row (he refilled my glass with Gewurtstraminer a second time). It was even harder trying to do my homework after those 4 glasses of wine lol, but oh well, it was an awesome experience, i didn't do it justice in this little blurb, but I wanted to make sure I wrote it down :)

Also, heading to Belgium (Brussels and Bruges) this weekend - expect pics and updates after!

Oh, and I finally got FB uploader to work, so pics are finally up :)

bisoux-

No comments:

Post a Comment