Friday, January 15, 2010

All you need is love!

The title is because I've been listening to Beatles covers (Across the Universe soundtrack) for awhile :) I find that while here, I've been listening to oldies and country the most, there's probably some psychological reason behind that but who knows.

Anyways, everything has been good here. Yesterday we went to the Council of Europe and that was really cool. The only problem was that the guy who presented wasn't very interesting, so I had trouble paying attention. Add to that the fact that obviously, it was all in french, and you had a room of nearly snoozing foreign exchange students. Its too bad too, because I think if I had been better able to understand it, it probably would've been much more interesting. I guess I'll just have to go back lol.

And then after that, I went home and had planned to go to the bookstore and read and eat in a cafe in Place Kleber, but Marie-Claude invited me to eat with her and Nicolas, so I did and that was fun.

Then I went to the bookstore (and discovered I love foreign bookstores just as much as English ones) and got a fairly easy read in French (so, its automatically not an easy read for me anymore lol). I had some time left so I wandered around (probably not a great idea since I forgot my map at home, but I kept my bearings surprisingly well) and stumbled onto the Cathedral. Well, ok, more like spotted its massive size from a few streets over, but still basically walked into it when I was just wandering. It's hard to miss, though, since it is one of the tallest buildings ever. It was the tallest building in the world till 1874 and its the 6th tallest church in the world (thank you, wikipedia). Its awesome because it spans like 4 different building styles and is one of the oldest churches in Europe (it was started in 1176 and is still in excellent condition). Right now there's some scaffolding on one side to repair some stained glass, but for the most part it is just old and gorgeous and breathtaking. Whoever comes to visit me is going there with me. Non-negotiable (ok thats a lie, but it really would be a shame to miss it). There's pictures on both my Facebook and photobucket account (the link is below).

There's also pictures that reminded me of certain people (I think I put them up...) Mom: Villeroy and Bach and I didn't take a pic, but a huge Mephisto store. Joanie: Swarovski. There's HUGE sales right now, so if you need anything, let me know! haha ;)

Then I went home and had dinner with Marie-Claude and Nicolas. We had quinoa, chicken in a cream sauce and steamed veggies. It was wonderful!! I think partly because its similar to what I'm used to eating, but I loved it! Followed by bread and cheese, obvi lol and mousse au chocolat (heaven in a bowl). Watched the news: can't believe about Haiti... keep them in your prayers please. Went to bed early since I was randomly exhausted again.

Today, Friday (my second Friday here - crazy! and still missing working out... but oh well, hopefully I can soon!) I woke up late and had to hustle to get to school on time since we were learning how to sign up for classes. Everything here moves much slower than in the States, it seems. We turn in some papers next Monday (the day classes start) to be entered into the system (so, yeah, we're starting classes without even being registered in the school lol) and then we may not get our student ID for a few days after that (which is killing me because I'm going crazy not being able to work out and there's still snow on the ground so running is pretty much out [which may be a good thing for me since I'm not supposed to run anyways...] oh, clarification: we can't use the school gym without a student ID lol). So we learned how to fill out the paperwork and then that was it, basically. A little later today we're going to sign up for French bank accounts and then we're going to have dinner with other international students at a Tarte Flambée place called Flams. After that, the night is open, but we'll definitely be going out somewhere, hopefully to a fun club or pub or something!

Hope everything is going well with all of you! some Beatles to sign off: while I'm away, I'll write home everyday and I'll send all my loving to you!

bisoux :)

PS. still getting the hang of this blogging thing, but I added the link to my photobucket album on the left :)

No comments:

Post a Comment