Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm a real person... what?

Sorry for the delay in posting, I've come to the realization that I'm not actually on a 5 month vacation here - I actually have to go to school and do homework. So, I have to be a real person. I mean, what?! haha but never fear, for I have returned! :)

K, so back a few days, on Monday I went for a swim again and it was better because there were less people and I felt pretty good, but I can tell I'm way out of shape (oops!). Then I came home, made myself lunch and went to class. Mondays I have regional history of Alsace (aka my wine class) and we found out that 1) Erasmus (=exchange) students don't have to do the oral presentation (yay!) 2) nor are they required to do the written final exam (yay!), 3) they are, however, expected to write a 15 page paper on the history of wine in the Alsace region in lieu of the oral and final (boo!). After that, I have Culture and Society in Europe since 1945 (aka C&S) and I signed up to do a presentation on Monday (2/1) to get it out the way (out requirements for that class are a group presentation, a 2 page response paper, class participation and a final oral exam). Then I came home, furiously looked up and decided on flights to spain (!) and had dinner with the family (good, not great: chicken cordon bleu from a box, pumpkin au gratin?, flan, bread and cheese) then looked up more stuff for traveling, and resigned myself to being broke upon return to the states lol

On Tuesday I got up, had breakfast, packed myself a million snacks (literally, I had a small grocery in my bag), and went to my literature class. It wasn't as bad as the first week - I zoned out less and understood more, but that class is still going to be a struggle for me. Then I went to the cafeteria and had a bunch of my snacks for lunch (I wasn't hungry enough for real food and didn't want to buy food). After that I went to Histoire des Relations Internationales for the first time (it was cancelled last week). I was thinking about taking that class and dropping Actualités Françaises, but I decided against it because the prof was going to have us write a 10 page paper instead of the final (but it would've been a hard 10 pages with research and sources, and all the stuff that I haven't done in years, oh yeah and in French).
After that class, Rebecca and I had a 2 hour break before our BC Course so we went to the cafeteria in IEP to chill for a bit. There, I ran into Anna, the girl from Princeton that I met in my Econ class, and we got to talking about February break and she might go with me to Spain! We were sitting there and then decided that we were hungry and wanted food before our 6-8pm BC Course. So, we all went together for dinner and got donor kabobs and fries (healthy I know - but so delicious! and I only had carrots and yogurt for lunch) then went to IIEF (where our BC class is, its the building for the intermediate french students). The 10 BC students in the IEP/UdS/EMS track (aka, the more advanced track, we're taking classes with french students as opposed to taking classes with students who's second language is French, its kind of hard to expain...) all have IIEF classes together, so we all went to this class and introduced ourselves to the prof, told her our goals for the semester, took a little written evaluation thingy and then left. The ride home was FRIGID - my hands were red and hurt so badly when I got home and I even had gloves on! Sooo... I'm not sure about my plan to swim in the morning... Anyways, I got home, and immediately made myself a cup of hot tea (mostly so I could hold the warm mug lol) and then got some apple crumble that I missed at dinner (which was amazing!)

okkkk well I know I'm still a day behind, but today wasn't all that special, so I'll wait till I have something exciting to write (slash when I have more energy lol all that being a real person thing is tiring!). Oh! I updated (finally) my photobucket album - the link is in the sidebar on the right of my blog. bisoux à tous!

No comments:

Post a Comment