Alright, now the actual weekend: Saturday and Sunday.Saturday I woke up late again, had breakfast and then went to the farmer's market that's just around the corner from my house (Monday-Saturday there's a farmer's market in a square somewhere in Strasbourg and Sat its by my place). It was really little and closing up when I got there (around 1) so I didn't stay very long, but it was pretty cool, there were stalls for fruits, vegetables, meats, jams, breads and pastries and a random chinese lady selling egg rolls (lol). Anyways, so I walked from there to Place Kléber, picked up a few books for my classes and then went home again. Had lunch and then read and chilled for awhile. And by chill I mean I snacked all afternoon lol, not good since I was going out to dinner with 7 other girls (but our dinner reservations weren't till 8 so I did need to hold myself over till then... that's what I'm telling myself anyways). But then we all met up and went to dinner (Rebecca, Caitlin, Louise, the IIEF girls and I) to a restaurant right by the cathedral. It was wonderful. And a really fun experience! Because the atmosphere at French restaurants are so different than American restaurants. We were there for 3 hours and never felt rushed or like the restaurant needed us out to turn over the table. The waiter also left us alone a lot. So if we needed something, it was a little difficult to get his attention, but it was nice not being bothered all the time too. We all ordered from the Menu, which is like a deal type thing (I'm not sure how to describe it.. but it includes a salad or appetizer, entrée and a dessert, its sort of like the 2 for $20 deal at Applebee's, except that its only for one person and its a LOT better) anyways, sorry if that description didn't help. I got a salad, steak au poivre vert and tarte aux pommes. and it was all sooo good. The plates weren't very big but they were amazing and I actually liked not feeling stuffed to bursting at the end of the meal. We also got 2 bottles of wine for the table and it still only came out to 17euros each. Which, for a three course French meal and glass of wine, I think is a really good deal. Then we decided to just go home again, since it was already after 11 and we were tired.
So I got home and Nicolas had just gotten home also. I was freezing so I made myself a cup of tea and he made himself one also and then we started talking about music and we ended up talking about music, movies, comedians and random other things for almost 2 hours! I'm getting to really like talking to him, probably because he speaks in french and he's closer to my age than my "parents." Then I decided it was time for me to go to bed and that's when his parents walked in (around 1:30am)! They usually go out on Saturday nights and they stay out really late sometimes (I guess that's just how it is in France though, dinners take longer, bars and clubs are open later and it feels like everything is a little bit slower and later.) Anyways, then I went to bed and read more (obvi haha).
Then this morning, Sunday, I had the best intentions of biking to the pool to swim then going to mass at the Cathedral. Well... I didn't make it to the pool, but I did make it to mass. And it was awesome because it was in the Cathedral, but it was freezing!! I don't think there's heat in there (or if there is, it's gotta be hard to heat a building as massive and open as that). So we basically went to church in the same weather as outside. But oh well, I don't think I'll go back to the Cathedral until it warms up a bit, but I guess Kelly (one of the IIEF girls) found another neighborhood parish that has heat, so next week I'll try there. And then afterwards I decided since I didn't swim I'd bike to Germany, which is about 3.5 ish miles away (so not a far ride, but a nice short one), except then when I was going home from mass on my bike, I absolutely froze. It was soo cold. So now my new plan is to do lunges, squats etc again because I haven't been able to warm up all day and I'm not about to go out again in the frigid cold. I'll let you know if that actually happens since right now I'm just trying to keep warm (I'm not sure why I'm so cold today... everyone here is getting sick, so I hope I'm not getting anything...) oh well. Now I'm all caught up! yay! :) hope all is good with you- love you, miss you, talk to you later!


No comments:
Post a Comment