Just a few quick words since I'm already late to meet up with some friends in Place Kléber (the big picture on my blog is an aerial view of the center of it). My host family is awesome, but dinner can be so awkward! Because they speak english (and very well, I might add) but they don't indulge me at all (unless its important or we have a miscommunication) so I have to speak French. Which, yeah ok, is why I came, but it makes me realize how different it is to actually hold a conversation and communicate than it is to raise my hand in class and say one perfectly crafted sentence. And my "brother" is nice also, he's 17, like Rob, my real brother, but he acts much older. Hopefully he and I can talk more in the future, he seems like a really nice kid.
The other BC kids in the program are cool also, we went out together last night and I had my first bar experience, which is funny since the french go out once they're 15 or 16. As long as you can see over the bar, you can order a drink and no one cards at all (even though its technically illegal to sell to kids under 18). We had a blast last night speaking in franglais (english and french) with some french students from the university that we met at a bar. They were trying to speak english to us and we tried to respond in french. Not exactly the most efficient way to communicate, but it was hilarious and so much fun!
Alright, well I'm supposed to be leaving in ten minutes and I'm still in my PJs so I guess I'd better sign off and put on some real clothes lol. I love you all and will probably post more tonight if I have some free time! bises~


No comments:
Post a Comment