warning for this post: just woke up from a nap = a little disoriented lol so sorry if I ramble or don't make sense ;)
A: "lutte" (f) exemple: hier, ma vie était une grande lutte.
Anyways, hope you enjoyed that tidbit. Yesterday was so hard. I think because Monday night I decorated my room - pictures to come - and didn't go to bed till late then had another full day of being inundated with random French facts. I still don't know the point of the Stage, but its over now so I guess it doesn't matter all that much lol. We talked about how the US runs the world, Belgium isn't really a country, something about Polanski getting set free and how the EU only exists because America wants it to (well, I think that's what we talked about anyways...)
I did have a good gyro at lunchtime though :) it was huge! but yummy.
Dinner and evening weren't very eventful because I was so tired, but the news is all about the weather here, schools are closed, people can't get out and lots of businesses are losing lots of money (airports, crops, etc).
Mercredi 13/1/10
Morning started the same: wake up early, eat quickly, get out the door to get to IEP by 9. We only had Stage in the morning, though, so it ended by 12. So afterwards, Rebecca, Caitlin and I grabbed lunch and went to Auchan, which is like the French equivalent of Walmart. It was GIGANTIC!! and messy. We went to go get notebooks for class and socks and rainboots (because its supposed to rain this weekend and none of have rainboots!). I ended up getting notebooks, socks and chocolate (obviously lol). But this place was like Walmart on a bad day - its the sale season, so people were everywhere and things where just thrown all over the place and it was almost stressful being there. Then again, I'm not a "hunter" when it comes to shopping - I don't enjoy sorting through piles and messes to find that one perfect item. I like my stores neat and clean and orderly with everything hanging on its hanger just so. So, maybe if someone else had visited and doesn't mind stores like that this one wouldn't seem so bad. I was also exhausted, so that may have also affected the excursion. Oh well, nbd.
After that, we went home (rainbootless, uh oh) and I passed out. It was an epic nap - one of those ones where you lay down and are instantly asleep and like 20 seconds later the alarm is already going off. And it was glorious. And very necessary at this point.
Well, that's my life right now lol on the agenda for tonight is din din with the fam (can I say that if its not my real family? meh oh well.) then sangria with les étudiants internationaux.
I also need to:
1. go look at the bookstore for a new book asap.
2. go to the cathedral
3. be a complete tourist for a day or two
4. WORKOUT. I am going insane without a workout.
5. I think that's all...
6. jk, figure out plans for visiting people/places in Europe (any suggestions, let me know)
6a. list on people/places/things to visit, coming soon! lol
7. find rainboots.
à bientôt!
ps. sorry about the pic up top and how the blurb is hard to read, I'll put up one of my own pics as soon as I actually take pictures...


No comments:
Post a Comment